Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Delu Zhu <de...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2016/03/29 10:35:14 UTC

Kylin UI: Enable partition date column to support date and hour as separate columns

Hi Kylin Developers,

I'm working on migrating our hourly cube building pipeline to Kylin, and from your official docs Task KYLIN-1427 has been included in the release note of apache/kylin to enable partition date column to support date and hour as separate columns.
This is a good new, but after upgrading to kylin 1.5, I found this feature has not been enabled on Kylin UI yet.
So when will KYLIN-1441 ( the corresponding changes at ui side) be released?

ThanksDelu

Re: Kylin UI: Enable partition date column to support date and hour as separate columns

Posted by "Khakhkhar, Dipesh" <dk...@ebay.com>.
Hi,

Current UI to accept date and time parameter is not complete.

@Jason has some idea to provide better UI for accepting date and hour column so he will working on this and complete it from UI side.

Thanks.
-Dipesh

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
I see, the issue should better be fixed in next release.

I have a question, maybe it has been discussed before: will using one
timestamp column be better to using multiple columns for partitioning?
Timestamp is a standard data type like Date, and there are kinds of
functions to extract the week, day, hour, min information from it. If user
separates the hour/minute in different columns, it is also easy to convert
them into a timestamp.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: Kylin UI: Enable partition date column to support date and hour as separate columns

Posted by Jian Zhong <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi

Re: Kylin UI: Enable partition date column to support date and hour as separate columns

Posted by Delu Zhu <de...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Hi,