Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by alanz <aj...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/27 18:36:52 UTC

java:MSG vs. document binding style

In the user guide it seems indicates java:MSG mapping
to the document binding style defined in the WSDL.
I am looking at the sample MessgeService. In the WSDD
the style is java:MSG.
However after deployed to AXIS v1.0, the ?wsdl url
showed the binding style is rpc instead of document.
Also the WSDL tool always generates the WSDD with
provider="java:RPC" regardless the binding style in
WSDL
Is this a bug?

Thanks

http://webhosting.yahoo.com/

RE: java:MSG vs. document binding style

Posted by alanz <aj...@yahoo.com>.
This is the WSDL for MessageService generated on my
Websphere Application developer Test env.
I don't know why are we getting different result.
Either way it seems to have problem. Can someone from
AXIS explain this a little?
By the way, can someone tell me what exactly is the
xsd:anyType telling me? Thanks,

 <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
- <wsdl:definitions
targetNamespace="http://localhost:8080/AOVWeb/services/MessageService"
xmlns:apachesoap="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap"
xmlns:impl="http://localhost:8080/AOVWeb/services/MessageService"
xmlns:intf="http://localhost:8080/AOVWeb/services/MessageService"
  <wsdl:types />
- <wsdl:message name="echoElementsResponse">
  <wsdl:part name="echoElementsReturn"
type="xsd:anyType" />
  </wsdl:message>
  <wsdl:message name="echoElementsRequest" />
- <wsdl:portType name="MessageService">
- <wsdl:operation name="echoElements">
  <wsdl:input message="intf:echoElementsRequest"
name="echoElementsRequest" />
  <wsdl:output message="intf:echoElementsResponse"
name="echoElementsResponse" />
  </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>
- <wsdl:binding name="MessageServiceSoapBinding"
type="intf:MessageService">
  <wsdlsoap:binding style="rpc"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
- <wsdl:operation name="echoElements">
  <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
- <wsdl:input name="echoElementsRequest">
  <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://localhost:8080/AOVWeb/services/MessageService"
use="encoded" />
  </wsdl:input>
- <wsdl:output name="echoElementsResponse">
  <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://localhost:8080/AOVWeb/services/MessageService"
use="encoded" />
  </wsdl:output>
  </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:binding>
- <wsdl:service name="MessageServiceService">
- <wsdl:port binding="intf:MessageServiceSoapBinding"
name="MessageService">
  <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/AOVWeb/services/MessageService"
/>
  </wsdl:port>
  </wsdl:service>
  </wsdl:definitions>

--- Anand Hatwalne <an...@persistent.co.in>

targetNamespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MessageService"

xmlns:impl="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MessageService"

xmlns:intf="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MessageService"

namespace="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"

location="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MessageService"

Posted by Anand Hatwalne <an...@persistent.co.in>.
[...]

- <wsdl:operation name="echoElements" parameterOrder="in0">
  <wsdl:input message="impl:echoElementsRequest" name="echoElementsRequest"
/>
  <wsdl:output message="impl:echoElementsResponse"
name="echoElementsResponse" />
  </wsdl:operation>
  </wsdl:portType>
- <wsdl:binding name="MessageServiceSoapBinding" type="impl:MessageService">
  <wsdlsoap:binding style="document"
transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" />
- <wsdl:operation name="echoElements">
  <wsdlsoap:operation soapAction="" />
- <wsdl:input name="echoElementsRequest">
  <wsdlsoap:body
namespace="http://localhost:8080/axis/services/MessageService" use="literal"
/>