Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Frederic Desjarlais <fr...@my-Deja.com> on 2000/08/20 04:17:19 UTC

org.w3c.dom.Node - getNamespaceURI

I tried to read the xml-apache mailing list archive for the answer, but they seem to be offline.

When building the SOAP (2.0) distribution from source (on Linux), I keep getting an error about the getNamespaceURI() method not existing in org.w3c.dom.Node (amongst a few other errors).

Am I missing a jar?  My classpath includes the following jars:
xerces.jar
soap.jar (from binary distribution)
ant.jar
jasper.jar
servlet.jar
webserver.jar
xml.jar

When I try to deploy, I also get a similar error:

151 samples/stockquote java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy DeploymentDescriptor.xml
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.w3c.dom.Node: method getNamespaceURI()Ljava/lang/String; not found
        at org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor.fromXML(DeploymentDescriptor.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java, Compiled Code)

Thanks for your help.

Before you buy.

Re: org.w3c.dom.Node - getNamespaceURI

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Frederic,

Sounds like you need to be sure its xerces 1.1.3, as that is the version
required.

Cory

Posted by Cory Isaacson <ci...@capita2.com>.
Frederic,

Posted by "Eric M. Dashofy" <ed...@ics.uci.edu>.
Which version of Xerces (the xerces.jar file) are you using?  Make sure
you've got the latest Apache distribution.  Don't know if this is the
problem, but it seems likely since that's the one exposing org.w3c.dom.Node.
Also, make sure that the xerces.jar file is the first one in your classpath
in case one of the other jars in your classpath exposes an old version of
the DOM API.