Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ed Bowler <ed...@rockshore.net> on 2009/11/24 18:22:12 UTC

Form submitions without t:formdata

Hi,

I am new to tapestry, and am generally impressed by how clean it makes our
code, but have got stuck on a seemingly simple problem.  I have to
implement a page as part of a tapestry 5.1 application, that responds to a
specific post request (in order to integrate with another system).  I
cannot control the fields that this system will send my page.  It would
also be useful to have an html form for testing purposes that I can play
with to simulate the external system posting information to our system.
However, when I use the tapestry form component, it refuses to respond to
a post request that doesn't contain the t:formdata, that is created in the
generated html.  How do I correctly respond to this post?

Many thanks for your help,

Ed

Re: Form submitions without t:formdata

Posted by Ed Bowler <ed...@rockshore.net>.
On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 17:29:26 -0000, Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
<th...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You can't use Tapestry components to do this, but you can easily @Inject
> the Request and its List<String> getParameterNames() and String
> getParameter(String name) methods to get what was submitted.

That's useful information right there, thanks.  I have used the
PageAttached annotation to run a method and parse the request if it's a
post, since I couldn't find a doPost sort of method.  It's only about 15
lines of code, and it works.

Many thanks,

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

--