Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by sbelt <sb...@velos.com> on 2001/12/27 04:57:02 UTC

Unable to run cvs torque or find version to match instructions

(Sorry to the earlier poster, I meant to start a new thread with my question
below...)

I have been chasing my tail all day trying to setup Torque with Postgresql
(outside of TDK)

-I started off downloading the latest official release.
-Following the web site documentation, I was trying to set my
idMethod=native.
    running ant kept giving the error that I had to use one of the
"deprecated" values

-I figured I needed the latest CVS.
-I followed the excellent instructions at
http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg03639.html
-Additionally, I had to obtain a newer version of Xerces, Log4J, and
velocity

- Finally, I was able to get cvs's Torque to build
- Now, however, when I try to create any sql's/om's, I get an error message:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/log4j/Logger at
org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Database.setName(Database.java:138)
at
org.apache.torque.engine.database.model.Database.loadFromXML(Database.java:1
38) at

For yuks, I tried using the latest Log4J alpha, and that gives an error
trying to find Category.getInstance(String)...

What version do I need to be able to use the online instructions? Where do I
find this version (and whatever lib files it requires)

TIA,

Steve B.

RE: Unable to run cvs torque or find version to match instructions

Posted by "Robert D. Morse" <rm...@mdesignz.com>.
It built a torque-3.0-dev.zip file.  I'll send it to you in a couple of
seconds.

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.