Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Rajitha Ranasinghe <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/22 17:10:22 UTC

GSOC2014 Framework for dynamic query optimization

Hi,

I am very interested in contributing towards your idea -Framework for
dynamic query optimization[1]- as part of GSoC 2014.

I'm Rajitha Ranasinghe, third year undergraduate at the University of
Moratuwa. Since I'm currently working in an open source company for my
undergraduate internship, I have involved in several open source projects
and I have a good practical knowledge in open source development.

Currently I'm referring to the learning materials that you have provided in
[1]. But I have a trouble viewing the page "start with something
simpler"[3]. It says "The requested filter doesn't exist or is private."

Cheers.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-2784
[2] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/GSoc2014
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12316573

---
Rajitha

Re: GSOC2014 Framework for dynamic query optimization

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
Rajitha,

Thanks for your interest. Seems the newbie link is not working now,
please use https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIG-3371?jql=project%20%3D%20PIG%20AND%20resolution%20%3D%20Unresolved%20AND%20labels%20%3D%20newbie
instead.

Thanks,
Daniel