Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by mwolfe38 <mw...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/04 03:17:52 UTC

Properties set with -Gpropname=propval do not get passed in GUI mode

If i add a property in the command line when running jmeter, using
-Gpropname=propval
it  WILL get sent to my remote servers if in command line mode, but if I run
in gui mode and then manually start the remote computer the property WILL
NOT get picked up by the remote server.. Anyone else have this problem or
know of a solution?

The problem is I want my client to dictate which environment will be tested
(qa,dev,staging) and how many threads and all that.. I can run in non gui
mode but when there are problems it's very difficult for me to figure out
what they are like that.

Re: Properties set with -Gpropname=propval do not get passed in GUI mode

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
-G was intended for use with non-GUI runs so it is possible that it is
ignored for GUI runs.

As a work-round, you could copy the property into a variable (e.g. on
the Test Plan) and then reference the variable in the rest of the test
plan. In GUI mode you can then change the variable to whatever you
want.

On Test Plan:
propname    ${__P(propname,propval)}

Elsewhere:
${propname}

You can overwrite the default "propval" on the TestPlan.