Posted to kalumet-dev@incubator.apache.org by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net> on 2011/12/13 16:19:04 UTC

Kalumet website published

Hi all,

in order to start to promote Kalumet project, I deployed a first simple
website:

http://incubator.apache.org/kalumet/

It's a first one, simple, but it's present.

In my TODO, I have:
- add missing content
- add a "skinka" Maven skin (I have some issues with fluido, and I would
like a look'n feel specific to Kalumet)
- tonight, I'm starting a new module in the Kalumet trunk for the
documentation

On the other hand, maybe you saw the commits, I made the following
enhancements in Kalumet:
- support on JBoss 6 using pure JMX layer
- performance enhancements on the FileManipulator (using a VFS
KalumetFileReplicator, etc)
- some fixes on the console

I'm going to commit the Tomcat 6 and 7 support too (using the JMX layer).

I'm going to setup a "demo" site on my server to "document" and take
screenshot for a started guide. I think it could be helpful, even for us :)

So, the project is moving on :)

Feel free to contribute on any area (website, documentation, codebase,
etc, etc). Don't hesitate to ping me on IRC !!

To summarize, the TODO list is:
- create the documentation module (tonight/tomorrow morning)
- create the skinka Maven skin (Thursday morning)
- commit Tomcat controller (Thursday afternoon)
- update Kalumet website to use skinka skin and promote new content (Friday)

I'm going to create a Wiki page too to talk about the roadmap,
architecture, etc.

Thanks
Regards
JB
--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Kalumet website published

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
I used the maven-fluido-skin with a custom site.xml.

The render is clean, it's a good start ;)

I forgot to mention that the website source are here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kalumet/site/

Regards
JB

Posted by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com>.
Hi JB,

well this first page already looks great, great design.

Achim

2011/12/13 Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>

> Hi all,
>
> in order to start to promote Kalumet project, I deployed a first simple
> website:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/**kalumet/<http://incubator.apache.org/kalumet/>
>
> It's a first one, simple, but it's present.
>
> In my TODO, I have:
> - add missing content
> - add a "skinka" Maven skin (I have some issues with fluido, and I would
> like a look'n feel specific to Kalumet)
> - tonight, I'm starting a new module in the Kalumet trunk for the
> documentation
>
> On the other hand, maybe you saw the commits, I made the following
> enhancements in Kalumet:
> - support on JBoss 6 using pure JMX layer
> - performance enhancements on the FileManipulator (using a VFS
> KalumetFileReplicator, etc)
> - some fixes on the console
>
> I'm going to commit the Tomcat 6 and 7 support too (using the JMX layer).
>
> I'm going to setup a "demo" site on my server to "document" and take
> screenshot for a started guide. I think it could be helpful, even for us :)
>
> So, the project is moving on :)
>
> Feel free to contribute on any area (website, documentation, codebase,
> etc, etc). Don't hesitate to ping me on IRC !!
>
> To summarize, the TODO list is:
> - create the documentation module (tonight/tomorrow morning)
> - create the skinka Maven skin (Thursday morning)
> - commit Tomcat controller (Thursday afternoon)
> - update Kalumet website to use skinka skin and promote new content
> (Friday)
>
> I'm going to create a Wiki page too to talk about the roadmap,
> architecture, etc.
>
> Thanks
> Regards
> JB