Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Hickerson, David A" <da...@boeing.com> on 2011/03/10 00:40:42 UTC

Question about messaging::Address in the C++ code

I have been looking that the examples and the documentation for messaging::Address. I am little confused as to what messaging::Address.name (setName/getName) is.

Is it a Session name, a URL for the broker, or something completely different?

Thanks,

Dave

David Hickerson                                                             david.a.hickerson@boeing.com<ma...@boeing.com>
Senior Engineer                                                              phone: 719-235-3265
Mission Operations
The Boeing Company
1330 Inverness Dr., Suite 330
Colorado Springs, CO 80910

Re: Question about messaging::Address in the C++ code

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 03/10/2011 12:29 AM, Hickerson, David A wrote:
> So if messaging::Address.name maps to a queue or topic. Does the messaging::Address.subject provide further refinement of messages sent to that queue or topic?

Yes. However at present there is no ability in the c++ broker to
selectively receive messages matching a given subject from a queue
(works fine for a topic). Selectors/filters for queues is something we
plan to add however.

There is some more detail on subjects in the page Steve linked to below.

Posted by "Hickerson, David A" <da...@boeing.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi David,