Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Jason Venner <ja...@attributor.com> on 2008/03/12 15:40:15 UTC

0.16.0 reduce NullPointEreceptions - is this a known issue, is there a fix?

We see this in some of our reduce jobs, on one particular cluster. This
is the only message in the log file for the failed reduce.

	at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.TaskTracker$Child.main(TaskTracker.java:2059)

  /**
   * The main() for child processes.
   */
2039  public static class Child {

2041    public static void main(String[] args) throws Throwable {

2058      Task task = umbilical.getTask(taskid);
2059      JobConf job = new JobConf(task.getJobFile());
2060      TaskLog.cleanup(job.getInt("mapred.userlog.retain.hours", 24));
2061      task.setConf(job);

--
Jason Venner
Attributor - Publish with Confidence <http://www.attributor.com/>