Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by "Liu, Raymond" <ra...@intel.com> on 2013/10/30 02:46:06 UTC

Yarn 2.2 docs or examples?

Hi

	I am playing with YARN 2.2, try to porting some code from pre-beta API on to the stable API. While both the wiki doc and API doc for 2.2.0 seems still stick with the old API. Though I could find some help from http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/ I still find it pretty hard figure out what's the correct way to use 2.2 API. Since a lot of API changes and some NM / AMRM client API added. I have to dig into the commit log or try to find some clue from the unit test case.

	So is there any docs or example I can take a look for reference?

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu

RE: Yarn 2.2 docs or examples?

Posted by "Liu, Raymond" <ra...@intel.com>.
Thanks Jian,
Though this simple example not cover all my problems, but at least give me a big picture on what's the minimum code needed ;)

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu

It's a simple app written with YARN-beta API

Thanks,
Jian

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 6:46 PM, Liu, Raymond <ra...@intel.com> wrote:
Hi

        I am playing with YARN 2.2, try to porting some code from pre-beta API on to the stable API. While both the wiki doc and API doc for 2.2.0 seems still stick with the old API. Though I could find some help from http://hortonworks.com/blog/stabilizing-yarn-apis-for-apache-hadoop-2-beta-and-beyond/ I still find it pretty hard figure out what's the correct way to use 2.2 API. Since a lot of API changes and some NM / AMRM client API added. I have to dig into the commit log or try to find some clue from the unit test case.

        So is there any docs or example I can take a look for reference?

Best Regards,
Raymond Liu

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

RE: Yarn 2.2 docs or examples?