Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Martin Grotzke <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2012/06/14 16:09:03 UTC

How to send order details to 3rd party email address

Hi,

our use case is that in our shop the user shall be able to configure a
product (Pleated blinds) that is built/packed by an external
manufaturer/packer.

The idea is to send an email to the manufacturer with details regarding
the ordered/configured product and the customer address (for shipment).

How is it possible to setup this workflow in OFBiz?
Would there be a better way to integrate the manufacturer/packer into
this process?

Thanx && cheers,
Martin

Re: How to send order details to 3rd party email address

Posted by Martin Grotzke <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

On 06/15/2012 10:43 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> Did you consider the OFBiz drop shipping process?
>
> https://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/catalog/control/EditProduct?productId=dropShip1
>
> http://demo-trunk.ofbiz.apache.org/ecommerce/dropship1-dropShip1-p

Great, sounds as if this exactly what we're looking for, thanx!

> Jacques
> PS: not sure why (format you use, or whatnot) but I read your message as
> attached text in my email client  when received from OFBiz user ML, I
> C/P it below, hence no heading ">"
> Same for subject "Allow affiliates to generate coupon/promo codes with
> discounts" it's a pain to handle, please check why, else I fear you will
> get less help...

Thanx for the pointer! I'm sinding mails with inline pgp signatures,
that might be the reason for this. This email is not signed, hopefully
it won't get messed up. Is this one looking better?

Thanx && cheers,
Martin

--
inoio gmbh - http://inoio.de
Breitenfelder Str. 13c, 20251 Hamburg

Re: How to send order details to 3rd party email address