Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by "Paul J. Davis" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/24 06:03:32 UTC

Git Experiment is Live

 Just a quick note to CouchDB users:

The experiment in switching to Git is now live. To clone the repository the command is:

$ git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git

This is a live experiment. If all goes well it will be permanent but if things go south we will have to revert to SVN and try again. Your patience during the transition is greatly appreciated. If you find any peculiarities please email me directly or email this list with any troubles.

Thanks,
Paul Davis

Re: Git Experiment is Live

Posted by Paul Davis <pa...@gmail.com>.
I noticed that but I'm not certain on the best way to fix it.

Re: Git Experiment is Live

Posted by Marcello Nuccio <ma...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git Experiment is Live

Posted by "Paul J. Davis" <pa...@gmail.com>.

On Sunday, September 25, 2011 at 10:21 PM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 6:03 AM, Paul J. Davis
> <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com (mailto:paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com)> wrote:
> > Just a quick note to CouchDB users:
> >
> > The experiment in switching to Git is now live. To clone the repository the command is:
> >
> > $ git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
> >
> > This is a live experiment. If all goes well it will be permanent but if things go south we will have to revert to SVN and try again. Your patience during the transition is greatly appreciated. If you find any peculiarities please email me directly or email this list with any troubles.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Paul Davis
> Is git://git.apache.org/couchdb.git (http://git.apache.org/couchdb.git) still working ?
>
> - benoit
 Yes, the Git mirror will remain available for quite some time.

Re: Git Experiment is Live

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
<pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>  Just a quick note to CouchDB users:
>
> The experiment in switching to Git is now live. To clone the repository the command is:
>
> $ git clone http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb.git
>
> This is a live experiment. If all goes well it will be permanent but if things go south we will have to revert to SVN and try again. Your patience during the transition is greatly appreciated. If you find any peculiarities please email me directly or email this list with any troubles.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul Davis

Is git://git.apache.org/couchdb.git still working ?

- benoit