Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org> on 2001/04/05 10:06:35 UTC

Configuration

Hi all

Just a quick question about configuration of components.

Can one pass a null to the configure method of a component? It is not
clearly followed any pattern in the Cocoon 2 components. We have a
pattern for a setup method of SitemapComponents which has a Parameters
object as argument which are *never* passed as null but a empty
Parameters object instead. How should it be handled with Configurations?

Giacomo

Re: Configuration

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Giacomo Pati wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Just a quick question about configuration of components.
>
> Can one pass a null to the configure method of a component? It is not
> clearly followed any pattern in the Cocoon 2 components. We have a
> pattern for a setup method of SitemapComponents which has a Parameters
> object as argument which are *never* passed as null but a empty
> Parameters object instead. How should it be handled with Configurations?

I have been creating an empty Configuration object.
I believe it is wrong to send a null to a Configurable.