Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Raimon Bosch <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/10 11:47:54 UTC

Re: How to delete a range of table ?

Hi Jeff,

Have you solved this issue? We are working in a implementation in HBase and
we need to do a range delete (using the key).

Regards,
Raimon Bosch.

Posted by Jeff Zhang <zj...@gmail.com>.
Bosch,

I am still using the naive method: first getting the key by invoking
get operaption with scan range, and then delete each key.
This method will invovle lots of round trip between client and server,
so perfomrnace won't be good, but it works for me (I currently do not
care about the performance). But I belived it has room to be improved
(doing deletion range in server side will be better)

On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 2:47 AM, Raimon Bosch <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Jeff,
>
> Have you solved this issue? We are working in a implementation in HBase and
> we need to do a range delete (using the key).
>
> Regards,
> Raimon Bosch.
>

> Jeff Zhang-4 wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to delete a range of table, but could not find a convenient
>> api. One work around is first scan the range of table and then invoke
>> delete operation for each row. This seems not so good, is there any
>> other methods for this purpose ?
>>

>> --
>> Best Regards
>>
>> Jeff Zhang