Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> on 2006/08/01 08:52:32 UTC

No way to implemente an AccessManager?

I've been reading posts about implementing an AccessManager that stores
access information as node properties. The solution I've seen is to use
a systemSession to access this node properties. Now, I'm programming my
own AccessManager with this approach and there is an bug reported in
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-497. The AccessManager throws
an exception because 'systemSession' can't see new transient nodes of
another session. So, how can I deal with this?

--
Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

Re: No way to implemente an AccessManager?

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.
El mar, 01-08-2006 a las 13:17 +0300, Jukka Zitting escribió:
> Hi,
>
> On 8/1/06, Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> wrote:
> > And now which possibilites do I have? Is possible to implement an custom
> > AccessManager actually?
>
> I suppose your problem is caused by Jackrabbit asking for permissions
> on a node that hasn't yet been persisted, so you can't access it from
> your AccessManager. I'm not sure how this is best handled, but one
> workaround could be to just grant all permissions on such nodes. After
> all the transient nodes are still completely controlled by that
> session.

Thanks, I was thinking in this workaround and I was not sure it was a
good idea. I will try it and check for possible problems.

Thanks again :)

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On 8/1/06, Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> wrote:
> And now which possibilites do I have? Is possible to implement an custom
> AccessManager actually?

I suppose your problem is caused by Jackrabbit asking for permissions
on a node that hasn't yet been persisted, so you can't access it from
your AccessManager. I'm not sure how this is best handled, but one
workaround could be to just grant all permissions on such nodes. After
all the transient nodes are still completely controlled by that
session.

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: No way to implemente an AccessManager?

Posted by Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>.

Posted by Tobias Bocanegra <to...@day.com>.
you can't :-)
regards, toby

On 8/1/06, Paco Avila <pa...@git.es> wrote:
> I've been reading posts about implementing an AccessManager that stores
> access information as node properties. The solution I've seen is to use
> a systemSession to access this node properties. Now, I'm programming my
> own AccessManager with this approach and there is an bug reported in
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-497. The AccessManager throws
> an exception because 'systemSession' can't see new transient nodes of
> another session. So, how can I deal with this?
>
> --
> Paco Avila <pa...@git.es>

T +41 61 226 98 98, F +41 61 226 98 97