Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by LAM <jl...@ust.hk> on 2005/02/24 08:20:54 UTC

Cluster: keeptracking a map of all sessions across nodes

Hi,

I know that the SessionContext has been deprecated and have already used
my own static Map object for storing userID->session mapping when session
is created. But such static Map object that holds all the sessions is only
accessible from within one cluster node (i.e. the one who processed that
particular login request and created the session). On the other nodes,
their static maps don't contain that session.

The problem is that I have another program which will query the Tomcat and
ask for the last access time of a userID, and such request often got
routed by Apache to a node which doesn't have that userID->session
mapping. Therefore I want to have access to all existing session objects
to find out which one belongs to a particular user.

Joseph