Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/09/18 12:26:35 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "PassEnv doesn't pass some variables" on NeXT (fwd)

not acked. (I acked another of his mails)

----- Forwarded message from bbum@friday.com -----

From: bbum@friday.com
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Wed Sep 18  1:00:05 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "PassEnv doesn't pass some variables" on NeXT

Submitter: bbum@friday.com
Operating system: NeXT, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used:
URL exhibiting problem:

Symptoms:
--
Need to be able to define aliases within the configuration files.  For example, I have a very module configuration for doing virtual multi-homing, but i have hard-coded paths all over the place for controlling each individual site.  If I could simply refer to various configuration variables as if they were shell variables, this would completely alleviate the problem.

Add a 'SetVar varname = value' directive and your all set...
--

Backtrace:

----- End of forwarded message from bbum@friday.com -----

--