Posted to users@isis.apache.org by L Eder <ed...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/13 01:41:44 UTC

Selective excel import columns

Hi members:

I have a sheet that includes the months of year as columns.
I would like to import only a range of those columns, rather all at once.

Anyone could point me as to do that using the excel isis module?

Thanks, Eder

Re: Selective excel import columns

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Eder,
Interesting use case. How about this design:
have a parent view model which has a collection of child view models.

The parent will hold the start and end months, eg July to October.

The child will have properties for every month, though we populate those
from the spreadsheet.

To render only the populated columns, use the TableColumnOrderService.

The parent/child collection will be a "parented" (rather than standalone)
collection.  So the service can query the parent to figure out which
properties to show and which to hide.

Another benefit of having a parent view model is that it can hold any
actions, eg read spreadsheet, export, apply etc.

HTH
Dan

Posted by L Eder <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Hi Eder,

Posted by L Eder <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by L Eder <ed...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kevin Meyer <ke...@kmz.co.za>.
Hi Eder,

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Hi Eder,

We recently updated the excel module to 1.14.1, and the new version has
some improved features which you might want to take a look at.

With respect to your question, do you mean a range of rows, or a range of
columns?

To only process a subset of the columns, I think you just need to not
define any corresponding property in the view model handler you are loading