Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by amichalec <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/16 20:21:41 UTC

Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Hi everybody,
I am trying to make full build from sources taken from svn repo but I've
found lot of failures in unit test in JAX-WS area:

  <testcase
classname="org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.addr_feature.WSAClientServerTest"
time="61.078" name="testCxfWsaFeature">
    <error type="javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException" message="Could not
send Message.">javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Could not send Message.
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:145)
	at $Proxy60.addNumbers(Unknown Source)

  <testcase classname="org.apache.cxf.systest.ws.rm.SequenceTest"
time="65.469" name="testOnewayAnonymousAcks">
    <error type="javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException" message="Failed to
send RM protocol message
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm}CreateSequence.">javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException:
Failed to send RM protocol message
{http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2005/02/rm}CreateSequence.
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:145)
	at $Proxy51.greetMeOneWay(Unknown Source)

And some other issues like this one:

  <testcase classname="org.apache.cxf.systest.clustering.FailoverTest"
time="0.546" name="testNoFailoverOnApplicationFault">
    <error type="javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException" message="Error
reading XMLStreamReader.">javax.xml.ws.soap.SOAPFaultException: Error
reading XMLStreamReader.
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:145)
	at $Proxy51.pingMe(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cxf.jaxws.JaxWsClientProxy.invoke(JaxWsClientProxy.java:124)
	... 28 more
Caused by: com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected
character &apos;5&apos; (code 53) in prolog; expected &apos;&lt;&apos;
 at [row,col {unknown-source}]: [1,1]
	at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.StreamScanner.throwUnexpectedChar(StreamScanner.java:648)
	at
com.ctc.wstx.sr.BasicStreamReader.nextFromProlog(BasicStreamReader.java:2047)

I wonder if tests should be running w/o errors or repo is in some transitive
state.
I was reading about some problems with networked tests of WS with some
workaround but I cannot apply them. I want to experiment and focus more on
JAX-RS code so any hints are appreciated e.g. how selectively run JAX-RS
unit tests :)

cheers,
andy.

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Just FYI:  I figured out the last systest failure using JDK 1.6.x on Linux.
I'll get that committed shortly.   It would be great if you could then retry
to see if things look better for you.

Judging from the errors you've seen, I think I need to get a jdk 1.6 build up
and running someplace.   I pretty much always use jdk 1.5 and it looks like
1.6 is what has caused you the most issues, not Windows.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Dan,

that sounds great. As it seems the most important thing is to build with
java 5 and java 6. Windows would be nice but at the moment it really
seems almost all issues
are about java 6.

Greetings

Christian

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Christian,

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Glen,

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Glen Mazza <gl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Dan,

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Dan,

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
Hi Dan,

--

Christian Schneider
---

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Re: Failures of unit tests on 2.2 snapshot

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I'm not seeing this with JDK 1.5, MacOS. I don't use fastinstall so that I
see the maximal possible failures.

Posted by amichalec <an...@gmail.com>.
Indeed builds/tests work as a charm on Knoppix run from live cd. I want them
however on my Windows box :)

I've also tried to narrow my problem to JAX-RS I want to investigate, but
running this:
"cd rt/frontend/jaxrs; mvn test"
resuls with errors that do not appear when running from cxf root (and once
again, only on Windows, on Knoppix it's fine):

Tests run: 6, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.407 sec
<<< FAILURE!
testGetPath(org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.UriInfoImplTest)  Time elapsed: 0 sec
<<< ERROR!
java.lang.IllegalStateException: void method cannot return a value
        at
org.easymock.internal.MocksControl.andReturn(MocksControl.java:128)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.UriInfoImplTest.mockMessage(UriInfoImplTest.java:188)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.UriInfoImplTest.mockMessage(UriInfoImplTest.java:173)
        at
org.apache.cxf.jaxrs.impl.UriInfoImplTest.testGetPath(UriInfoImplTest.java:161)

OK, I got it, I should change my OS with more "nix" in it ;)

cheers,
andy.

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I got these two error in my vista box with the last trunk code.

Tests run: 3, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 8.863
sec <<< FAILURE!
testPublishOnBusyPort(org.apache.cxf.systest.http.ClientServerSessionTest)
 Time  elapsed: 0.438 sec  <<< FAILURE!
Tests run: 10, Failures: 1, Errors: 8, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 18.2
sec <<< FAILURE!
testRevertExceptionOnUnsucessfulFailover(org.apache.cxf.systest.clustering.Failo
verTest)  Time elapsed: 0.823 sec  <<< FAILURE!

I will look into these issues, when I get time later today.

Willem

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
I've seen test failures on no-network builds in last two weeks.

Posted by amichalec <an...@gmail.com>.
Dan,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andy,