Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Melanie Courtot <co...@ebi.ac.uk> on 2006/11/08 17:29:44 UTC

WSDL2Java and xsd:element

Hi,

I'm trying to get Castor and Axis to work together and to generate the
java classes using wsdl2java. Everything looks fine at the moment, except
for a small thing.
I have a xml schema (the one I used previously to build my Castor
classes), and I want to use it in my wsdl.

To keep things simple at the moment I don't import that schema but just
copy it into my wsdl.
My question is is it possible to use an element (instead of a complexType)
defined in that schema as a return for one of my method.

my schema: (simplified)
<xsd:schema>
<xsd:complexType name="Sbontology">
    <xsd:sequence>
        <xsd:element name="Term" maxOccurs="unbounded" minOccurs="1">
        </xsd:element>
    </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexType>
</xsd:schema>

If I use (transforming element Term into complexType Term)
<xsd:complexType name="Term">
                <xsd:sequence>
                </xsd:sequence>
            </xsd:complexType>

I can then use:
    <wsdl:message name="getTermByIdResponse">
          <wsdl:part name="getTermByIdReturn"  type="tns:Term"/>
    </wsdl:message>

(tns being my own namespace
http://127.0.0.1:9971/compneur-srv/sbo-perso/services/SBOWebServices)

I would like to use my original xsd and import it into the wsdl, but I
can't find information on how to use the element instead of the
complexType in the message.

I tried using
  <wsdl:message name="getTermByIdResponse">
          <wsdl:part name="getTermByIdReturn"  element="tns:Term"/>
  </wsdl:message>

with the original schema but I get an error
java.io.IOException: Element
{http://127.0.0.1:9971/compneur-srv/sbo-perso/services/SBOWebServices}Term
is referenced but not defined.

I've been trying to find info on the web, but I don't know if it is
because I have to use a complexType, or if my syntax is wrong or if it is
a namespace problem. (using "type" works, so I would say the namespace is
fine).

Thanks for any help,
Melanie