Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com> on 2003/01/22 04:38:35 UTC

[digester] wildcard matching with "/*"

I've patched RulesBase to accept /foo/bar/* matches. Wondering if
anyone's interested in the patch.

So
digester.addBeanPropertySetter("foo/bar/*);

will work with

<foo>
<bar>
<propertyA>snafu</propertyA>
<propertyB>snafu</propertyB>
</bar>
</foo>

where propertyA and propertyB are bar Javabean properties.

Regards,
Kelvin

--------
The book giving manifesto     - http://how.to/sharethisbook

Re: [digester] wildcard matching with "/*"

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003, Kelvin Tan wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 11:38:35 +0800
> From: Kelvin Tan <ke...@relevanz.com>
> To: commons-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: [digester] wildcard matching with "/*"
>
> I've patched RulesBase to accept /foo/bar/* matches. Wondering if
> anyone's interested in the patch.

In principle, this sounds interesting.

The best way to deal with this would be to submit an enhancement request
to the bug tracing system:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

and add your patch as an attachment.  That way, the digester developers
can evaluate what you've got (and ensure that there are sufficient unit
tests to validate the behavior).

> So
> digester.addBeanPropertySetter("foo/bar/*);
>
> will work with
>
> <foo>
> <bar>
> <propertyA>snafu</propertyA>
> <propertyB>snafu</propertyB>
> </bar>
> </foo>
>
> where propertyA and propertyB are bar Javabean properties.
>
> Regards,
> Kelvin

Craig McClanahan