Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Adrien Grand <jp...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/10 09:14:42 UTC

Re: significant lucene benchmark regression: JDK11?

The Russia polygon seems to be something else? It slowed down on April
12th and then a bit more on April 20th while you only switched to
OpenJDK11 on April 23th?

However some other slowdowns seem to happen at the same time as the
switch to OpenJDK 11 and haven't been addressed by the change of
garbage collector such as sorting tasks ( see e.g.
https://home.apache.org/~mikemccand/lucenebench/TermDTSort.html).

--
Adrien

Re: significant lucene benchmark regression: JDK11?

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Yeah there are definitely more slowdowns still happening besides the GC
issue!