Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Nayan Nilank <na...@printgreener.com> on 2014/05/19 11:05:56 UTC

com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.DriverException: Timeout during read

Hi,

    I am writing a Java application which reads the data from MySQL and
stores it in Cassandra as Sqoop does not support a direct import to
Cassandra. I am using Producer-Consumer framework to achieve the same due
to high number of records (in millions) in MySQL. But I am getting
ReadTimeOut Exception (com.datastax.driver.core.exceptions.DriverException:
Timeout during read). I have one Producer class which reads the data from
MySQL and puts it into one queue. There is one consumer class which reads
the data from that queue and pushes it to Cassndra. There is one manager
class which acts as a coordination bridge between these two classes. I have
attached my Java source (modified, removed credential and confidential code
snippets) for these classes, eclipse log file and Cassandra.yaml file. I
have a single node setup for Cassandra. I am not able to figure out the
actual reason for the issue. I could not find any exception in Cassandra
system log. I am using Apache Cassandra 2.0.7 and cassandra-driver-core
2.0.1. Any input to debug the issue and resolve it would be highly
appreciated.

Nayan