Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> on 2001/12/07 22:42:58 UTC

Security Changes in 2.x

Hi Henning,

It's only a small code change but I am having problems in Tambora because of
the changes you made. We can definitely consider them in another release but
the changes should be backed out and the deprecation rules followed.

--

jvz.

Jason van Zyl

http://tambora.zenplex.org
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity
http://jakarta.apache.org/alexandria
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons

Re: Security Changes in 2.x

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com>.
On 12/14/01 8:43 AM, "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <ma...@hometree.net>
wrote:

> Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Henning,
>
>> It's only a small code change but I am having problems in Tambora because of
>> the changes you made. We can definitely consider them in another release but
>> the changes should be backed out and the deprecation rules followed.
>
> Hi,
>
> I didn't drop from the edge of the world. Sorry for not answering earlier.
>
> Ok, I will back the changes out again later today. Sorry about the
> trouble. But can we please keep this in mind for a 2.3 release / t3
> release?

Totally! It's a nice change it's just that it breaks existing code.

Re: Security Changes in 2.x

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <ma...@hometree.net>.
Jason van Zyl <jv...@zenplex.com> writes:

>Hi Henning,

>It's only a small code change but I am having problems in Tambora because of
>the changes you made. We can definitely consider them in another release but
>the changes should be backed out and the deprecation rules followed.

Hi,

I didn't drop from the edge of the world. Sorry for not answering earlier.

Ok, I will back the changes out again later today. Sorry about the
trouble. But can we please keep this in mind for a 2.3 release / t3
release?

	Regards
		Henning

--
Dipl.-Inf. (Univ.) Henning P. Schmiedehausen       -- Geschaeftsfuehrer
INTERMETA - Gesellschaft fuer Mehrwertdienste mbH     hps@intermeta.de

Am Schwabachgrund 22  Fon.: 09131 / 50654-0   info@intermeta.de
D-91054 Buckenhof     Fax.: 09131 / 50654-20