Posted to commits@mina.apache.org by xavzeman <ko...@hotmail.com> on 2008/08/22 02:54:07 UTC

Protected session

I have been trying to find information on how to open a session protected by
a login and password for 2 weeks. I have seen talks about
IoSessionInitializer for mina 2.0, nothing for mina 1.1.7.

It is really amazing to me that a simple stuff like opening a connection
based on login/password seem to be so darn difficult. All the gurus out
there, when asked about this, don't even provide a clear cut example on how
to do this.

The chat login example is useless too since the connection is establish with
no restriction and that the login message is sent only after the session is
opened.

I sound frustated simply because I am.

Can anybody guide all the users asking the same question to a clear answer?

Thanks

Re: Protected session

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
> To conclude, i think you should either specify your question in more detail
> OR read something about network basics.

I would also add : posting to commits@mina.apache.org won't help to get
an answer.

Thanks.

(PS : thanks Christian for your answer !)
> hth,
> regards,
> christian!
>

> 2008/8/22, xavzeman <ko...@hotmail.com>:
>
>> I have been trying to find information on how to open a session protected
>> by
>> a login and password for 2 weeks. I have seen talks about
>> IoSessionInitializer for mina 2.0, nothing for mina 1.1.7.
>>
>> It is really amazing to me that a simple stuff like opening a connection
>> based on login/password seem to be so darn difficult. All the gurus out
>> there, when asked about this, don't even provide a clear cut example on how
>> to do this.
>>
>> The chat login example is useless too since the connection is establish
>> with
>> no restriction and that the login message is sent only after the session is
>> opened.
>>
>> I sound frustated simply because I am.
>>
>> Can anybody guide all the users asking the same question to a clear answer?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org

Re: Protected session

Posted by Christian Migowski <ch...@gmail.com>.
Your question doesn't make sense - probably that is why nobody answered you
yet.
MINA is a network framework, that means it sends and receives BYTES (cloaked
in all this fancy IoSession/Buffer things) to/from other computers and in
the end really doesn't care what these bytes are.
Login / passwords are part of a higher level (see here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OSI_model , the Mina core provides abstraction
for up to level 4), the session protocols, which are the mere
contents transported in the IoSessions.  Mina and it's side projects do
deliver some session or higher level protocols (like http and ftp), but if
it is a specific protocol you're asking your login/password question about,
you should name the protocol.