Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Bart Molenkamp <b....@bizzdesign.nl> on 2004/10/13 15:41:11 UTC

org.apache.slide.common.ObjectValidationFailedException: Invalid object at ...: Revision descriptors uri is null

Hi all,

I'm having problems with Slide. My (Cocoon based) web application uses
Slide to store files. On my development workstation, it all works well.
But when I run the web application on our dedicated server, I get an
error when I try to upload a file. Has anybody any idea what I'm doing
wrong?

The stack trace (a part of it):
Original Exception:
org.apache.slide.common.ObjectValidationFailedException: Invalid object
at
/files/evidence/0c42c6af-1b56-11d9-bc60-00028a368963/706/1097674692814.x
mb : Revision descriptors uri is null
	at
org.apache.slide.content.NodeRevisionDescriptors.validate(NodeRevisionDe
scriptors.java:405)
	at
org.apache.slide.store.ExtendedStore.retrieveRevisionDescriptors(Extende
dStore.java:699)
	at
org.apache.slide.content.ContentImpl.create(ContentImpl.java:467)
	at
org.apache.cocoon.components.source.impl.SlideSource$SlideSourceOutputSt
ream.close(SlideSource.java:590)
	at
org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceUtil.copy(SourceUtil.java:527)
	at
com.bizzdesign.risks.persistence.assessment.ReviewAssessmentManager.copy
Evidence(ReviewAssessmentManager.java:96)
	at
com.bizzdesign.risks.persistence.assessment.ReviewAssessmentManager.stor
eAssessment(ReviewAssessmentManager.java:49)

Thanks in advance,
Bart.

Re: org.apache.slide.common.ObjectValidationFailedException: Invalid object at ...: Revision descriptors uri is null

Posted by Unico Hommes <un...@hippo.nl>.
Are you running the version of Slide that is shipped with Cocoon? What
happens when you try to PUT the file manually over WebDAV?