Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2016/04/10 12:45:17 UTC

Fwd: I've drafted words for our PMC board report, Apr 2016

Oscar and I have been having a conversation on private@ regarding promoting
the framework via twitter (the @ApacheIsis account; Jeroen has the
credentials) using the new v1.12.0 screencasts.

We agreed the conversation should be on dev@ for others to participate.  So
see thread below...

Thoughts welcome (along with any other ideas for promoting the framework,
of course).

Dan

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
Agree that is possibly an issue.  Perhaps what might work better is two
tweets a day (it is easy to miss them) on a single screencast (or indeed
some anything else) but to choose one at random from a list.

Perhaps we could have some automation so that we maintain that list; then
we just need to maintain that list, eg in a central google spreadsheet.  To
be really fancy, perhaps the script could also update the spreadsheet so we
could see which pre-canned tweets have been tweeted.

And/or... why don't we write a little Apache Isis app and have it run on
the cloud somewhere, so we manage this whole stuff promotion and build a
nice little twitter integration module at the same time?  Probably would
just take an evening or two to write?

Posted by Óscar Bou - GOVERTIS <o....@govertis.com>.