Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by Knut Anders Hatlen <Kn...@Sun.COM> on 2006/09/25 08:54:40 UTC

OK to ship junit.jar? (Was: (DERBY-1846) Create a script...)

"Andrew McIntyre (JIRA)" <de...@db.apache.org> writes:

> Andrew McIntyre commented on DERBY-1846:
>
> The jdbc4 classes depend on junit, which we are not able to ship.
[...]

The source distribution contains junit.jar. Is that a problem?

--
Knut Anders

Re: OK to ship junit.jar? (Was: (DERBY-1846) Create a script...)

Posted by Rick Hillegas <Ri...@Sun.COM>.
Knut Anders Hatlen wrote:

>"Andrew McIntyre (JIRA)" <de...@db.apache.org> writes:
>

>>Andrew McIntyre commented on DERBY-1846:
>>----------------------------------------
>>
>>The jdbc4 classes depend on junit, which we are not able to ship.
>>

>[...]
>
>The source distribution contains junit.jar. Is that a problem?

That jar isn't under source control. I don't think we should be shipping
it. If we do ship it, then we probably have to add some verbiage to the
NOTICE file since junit is distributed under a non-Apache license (I
continue to not be a lawyer). I vote for removing junit.jar from the
source distributions.

Regards,
-Rick