Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by none22 <ds...@yahoo.com> on 2014/04/17 19:11:35 UTC

hawtio dashboard not appearing in activemq5.9.1

Hello,

Let me preface this post with saying that I am not a developer and don't
know the specifics of how activemq works. That being said, I have been
tasked to update our activemq version that we have running in the lab. I
have successfully done so, however I am unable to pull up the hawtio
dashboard by going to http://localhost:8161/hawtio. I get a 404 everytime I
try to go to it.

I am running activemq5.9.1.
Java Version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_33-b03)

I pulled the code from here:
http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache/activemq/5.9.1/

I pretty much used this document: https://github.com/nmilford/rpm-activemq
for the compilation of the rpm, however I used the 5.9.1 files from the
above mirror. I altered his spec file to 5.9.1 instead of 5.9 and then
compiled the rpm. If anyone has any ideas why I can't pull up the dashboard,
please let me know.

Thanks,
Garrett

Re: hawtio dashboard not appearing in activemq5.9.1

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Alternatively, you can use HawtIO as a Chrome Extension which will allow
you to connect to any remote broker since 5.8.0 release. See
http://hawt.io/getstarted/index.html for more info.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
----------------------

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Thanks for the reference - I've made the edits; they should be reflected on
the website soon.

Re: hawtio dashboard not appearing in activemq5.9.1

Posted by meurwinn <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi, so you should remove the reference to hawtio in the doc :
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-591-release.html

Re: hawtio dashboard not appearing in activemq5.9.1

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
Check out the message boards if you are interested. Bugs in HawtIO were not the reason.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.

Posted by asookazian <as...@gmail.com>.
I installed the Hawtio chrome plugin.  I'm able to access the following URL
running AMQ 5.9.1:

http://localhost:8161/api/jolokia

This is what is rendered in chrome:

{"timestamp":1406323273,"status":200,"request":{"type":"version"},"value":{"protocol":"7.0","agent":"1.1.5","info":{"product":"jetty","vendor":"Eclipse","version":"7.6.9.v20130131"}}}

I can't connect to the localhost (remote server) using the hawtio plugin.

I followed this example:

http://sensatic.net/activemq/activemq-and-hawtio.html

and get this error:

Error: Failed to execute 'send' on 'XMLHttpRequest': Failed to load
'http://localhost:8161/api/jolokia/?maxDepth=2&ignoreErrors=true&canonicalNaming=false'.
at Error (native) at Object.send
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/lib/jquery-1.8.2.min.js?v=1.4.4:2:85935)
at Function.p.extend.ajax
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/lib/jquery-1.8.2.min.js?v=1.4.4:2:83371)
at Jolokia.request
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/lib/jolokia-min.js?v=1.4.4:9:34)
at Jolokia.list
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/lib/jolokia-simple-min.js?v=1.4.4:13:66)
at Workspace.loadTree
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/app/app.js?v=1.4.4:10918:37)
at Object.$get
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/app/app.js?v=1.4.4:12994:12)
at Object.invoke
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/lib/angular.js?v=1.4.4:2931:28)
at
chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/lib/angular.js?v=1.4.4:2771:37
at getService
(chrome-extension://aemcedanjggpkpeghpmlmioopekhhppl/lib/angular.js?v=1.4.4:2891:39)

Please advise how to resolve.  thx.