Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by William Moore <wi...@mac.com> on 2002/07/08 14:57:15 UTC

User authentication with LDAP

Last year I used Cocoon on a project for a client. User authentication was
achieved using the tools demonstrated in the http://localhost:8080/cocoon/
protected/ sample.

Now the client has decided he wants to use an LDAP Directory for
authentication. I tried using Tomcat's Realm implementation with Cocoon,
but I could not get that to work (if I put a <security-constraint> in
Cocoon's web.xml, Tomcat says it's incorrectly formed).

Please can someone suggest an effective/efficient way to achieve to
user-authentication with LDAP in Cocoon.

Thanks

William

Re: User authentication with LDAP

Posted by William Moore <wi...@mac.com>.
I looked at this some more, and then went to have a beer. There was an
error in the sequence of by <web-app> tags, but the error message did not
say that.

Next time I'll check that the error message is telling the whole truth.

William

Posted by William Moore <wi...@mac.com>.

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.