Posted to user@struts.apache.org by starki78 <st...@libero.it> on 2006/10/27 12:12:59 UTC

getting the values of Textfields without Struts

Ciao,

I've a jsp with text-fields (having the same name)
which shall be filled and submitted to the same jsp again.
Now we cannot use struts, with it's html:hidden
and ActionForms feature but we ask how to access the
values of these input-fields (e.g. getting the values in a String array)
in java (inside the jsp).

THANKS A LOT STARKI

Re: getting the values of Textfields without Struts

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
starki78 wrote:
> Ciao,
>
> I've a jsp with text-fields (having the same name)
> which shall be filled and submitted to the same jsp again.
> Now we cannot use struts, with it's html:hidden
> and ActionForms feature but we ask how to access the
> values of these input-fields (e.g. getting the values in a String array)
> in java (inside the jsp).

Erm, if you're not using Struts, this isn't the place to ask; this is,
after all, the Sturts users' list. Anyhow, to get the values submitted
in the previous request when rendering a response, without using Struts'
framework support, you would need to use the Servlet APIs directly;
specifically, look at HttpServletRequest.getParameter().

L.