Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Zemma Yun <ze...@hotmail.com> on 2015/01/16 20:32:39 UTC

Report 01 - scams and fraud "openoffice.org/ko"‏

Dear Sir/Madam,
I am a Mac OS user. I am sending this email because I want to report Korean language website www.openoffice.org/ko I looked for an alternative Microsoft Excel program and found your amazing program. I wanted to download and tried your software. As my first language is Korean, I switched the language to Korean and visited its website. I was shocked by scams and fraud. When I clicked "download", it linked to some random websites. Quick download, Download updated version, Blog, Board, Community Project... all these links were connected to these sites.
http://www.g9com.comhttp://www.waplus.co.kr/go-waplez.htmlhttp://www.waplez.com/go-mh1004.htmlhttp://www.waplez.com/go-waplus.html
They were playing with these websites. It didn't direct the proper link but to their own business websites repeatedly.
- to be continued at Report 02

FW: Report 01 - scams and fraud "openoffice.org/ko"‏

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
The http://openoffice.org/ko/ page is linked to when someone goes to the Native Language page (from the Download Page) and scrolls down to the support for Korean.  This is the problem page.  The link from the Native Language page might need to be removed for now, and the ko/ page definitely needs to be adjusted or removed.

On the English download page, the selection for Korean downloads of 4.x works correctly.

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
> On 16 Jan 2015, at 16:57, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Zemma Yun wrote:
>> I am a Mac OS user. I am sending this email because I want to report
>> Korean language website www.openoffice.org/ko
>
> Thanks for your report (and to Dennis for investigating). This is now fixed. I confirm that the Korean pages at
> http://www.openoffice.org/ko
> were pointing to a domain openoffice DOT or DOT kr that is currently apparently abandoned and redirecting to a spam site.
>
> Our website is translated by volunteers. If you can help us translating the pages into Korean, you would be welcome to do so! Please contact us following the information that you will find at the current version of the http://www.openoffice.org/ko page.
>
> Regards,
>  Andrea.

OpenOffice had, once, a strong Korean localisation and promotion team. That was a while ago. However, Korean steps toward open source and open document formats have continued. I just don't know if the same people are involved, but I can find out. Most of my contacts were in developer communities but also in the government and sponsored associations.

cheers,
Louis

Re: Report 01 - scams and fraud "openoffice.org/ko"‏

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.