Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by emw <en...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/05 10:56:55 UTC

Unwanted (unsolicited) messages from ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker

Hello everyone,
I have a consumer (spring default message listener) of queue mqtt.values.>

ActiveMq version is 5.15.8

Every time the listener starts it receive a message from topic
ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker

Is that right? Can you help me in order to not receiving such a message.

Meybe it is important, in the configuration I have virtualTopic from mqtt.>
to queue with prefic mqtt.values.
<destinationInterceptors>
  <virtualDestinationInterceptor>
    <virtualDestinations>

	  <virtualTopic name="mqtt.>" prefix="mqtt.values." selectorAware="false"/>

    </virtualDestinations>
  </virtualDestinationInterceptor>
</destinationInterceptors>

This is the .toString() of the message:
ActiveMQMessage {commandId = 0, responseRequired = false, messageId =
ID:<HIDDEN>-43596-1549363680962-1:1:0:0:1, originalDestination =
topic://ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker, originalTransactionId = null,
producerId = ID:<HIDDEN>-43596-1549363680962-1:1:0:0, destination =
queue://mqtt.values.>, transactionId = null, expiration = 0, timestamp = 0,
arrival = 0, brokerInTime = 1549363681468, brokerOutTime = 1549363786316,
correlationId = null, replyTo = null, persistent = false, type = Advisory,
priority = 0, groupID = null, groupSequence = 0, targetConsumerId = null,
compressed = false, userID = null, content = null, marshalledProperties =
org.apache.activemq.util.ByteSequence@20833b33, dataStructure = null,
redeliveryCounter = 0, size = 0, properties = {originBrokerName=localhost,
originBrokerId=ID:<HIDDEN>-43596-1549363680962-0:1,
originBrokerURL=nio+ssl://<HIDDEN>:61616}, readOnlyProperties = true,
readOnlyBody = true, droppable = false, jmsXGroupFirstForConsumer = false}

Re: Unwanted (unsolicited) messages from ActiveMQ.Advisory.MasterBroker

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
OK, thanks for letting us know.

Tim

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
So wait, I understood you to say that the problem was the trailing .> on
the name of your topicName element, but in the working example
configuration you gave, the trailing .> is still there. What did I
misunderstand?

Tim

Posted by Tim Bain <tb...@alumni.duke.edu>.
I notice a few things that are different from the configuration in the
documentation (https://activemq.apache.org/virtual-destinations.html). I'm
not sure if these would cause the behavior you're seeing, but it might be
worth changing them to see if that changes the behavior.

1. Your prefix contains no wildcards, whereas the example uses a * to allow
multiple consumer groups. I'm not sure that that would make any difference,
but it's probably worth a quick check to make sure there's not something
that's breaking without the wildcard.

2. Your virtual topic wildcard (mqtt.>) matches against your queue prefix,
whereas the example shows a prefix that doesn't match. Theoretically, that
shouldn't matter since one is for queues and one is for topics, but it's
worth changing quickly to see if it makes a difference due to something I'm
not considering.

Again, I don't know that either of these should make a difference, but
please eliminate them as possible explanations before the next step, which
would be to submit a bug in JIRA for the problem.

Thanks,
Tim