Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/08/28 16:56:32 UTC

Merge result-sets from two or more different indices

Hi

I have two (e.g. A and B) or more indices and would like to search these
at the "same" time and then merge the result sets into
one list, e.g. A-1, B-1, A-2, B-2, ... or using the scoring/relevance of
each result-set and compare them.

Does that actually make sense or is there any other way to do this (I
mean beside merging the indices)?

The reason I have this problem is because I have trouble indexing
multiple internet sites and multiple filesystems at the same
time into one index and also accessing results from this one index by
prodividing check/select boxes. So I thought I index
each of these "areas" on it's own and build a search interface which is
accessing these different indexes.

Thanks

Michi

--