Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by khandelwalanuj <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/08 07:45:52 UTC

Used Heap size is more than max heap

Hi,

I have seen one weird situation, where my broker was under load and it was
hung, So when I checked the heap configurations using "jmap -heap PID"

*"Used heap is found to be more than max heap size" How is it possible ?*

I am calculating *used_heap = used (Eden space) + used (PS old generation)
                      max heap = what I have specified using xmx*

Is it possible that summation of eden space and PS old gen can exceed
MaxHeapSize.

Thanks,
Anuj