Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Dong Liu <ed...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/19 19:33:45 UTC

The meaning of "latency" in listener sample result

Hi,

I found the following from the user manual

> lt - latency = time to initial response (ms)

However, it is still not so clear to me what the parameter refers to. Could
someone explain it in detail?

Thanks,

Dong

Re: The meaning of "latency" in listener sample result

Posted by Nick Pellow <ni...@cenqua.com>.
Hi Sebb,

I have noticed in the code that latency does not get saved in the
OldSaveSampleResult..? class.

Would you be interested in a patch that added this field, and also
included it in other results (e.g. Summary, Result Tree and Graph).
It would be good to display latency as a percentage of the total time
taken so that testers can spot
network latency problems a lot faster.

Cheers,
nick