Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "J.D. Fagan" <jf...@us.dhl.com> on 2001/05/04 01:39:55 UTC

how to ear with 1.4?

Trying to build an ear with the ear task from Ant 1.4 alpha (I see the
Ear.java task in the CVS repository).  However, I get errors from Ant
complaining that "ear" is not a task.  How do I make it work?  Do I need to
use the taskdef for this task?  Any help from those using this task
appreciated.

Here's my ear task below -- kind of guessing at the form from looking at the
Java code, as there is 0 documentation yet:

    <ear earfile="${deploy.dir}/classes/${name}.ear"
        appxml="${src.dir}/metadata/application.xml">
      <fileset dir="${build.dir}/staging"/>
    </ear>

JD

Re: how to ear with 1.4?

Posted by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com>.
--- "J.D. Fagan" <jf...@us.dhl.com> wrote:
> Trying to build an ear with the ear task from Ant 1.4 alpha (I see the
> Ear.java task in the CVS repository).  However, I get errors from Ant
> complaining that "ear" is not a task.  How do I make it work?  Do I need
> to use the taskdef for this task?  Any help from those using this task
> appreciated.

Looks like it's not in defaults.properties, so you'll need to either add
it or <taskdef> it.

> Here's my ear task below -- kind of guessing at the form from looking at
> the Java code, as there is 0 documentation yet:

There's a manual page for it in CVS at:
http://jakarta.apache.org/cvsweb/index.cgi/jakarta-ant/docs/manual/CoreTasks/ear.html

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

RE: how to ear with 1.4?

Posted by Keith Kee <ke...@netsco.com>.
The ear task doesn't seem to handle multiple fileset tags, or nested
fileset.
  for instance,
     <ear earfile="${deploy.dir}/classes/${name}.ear"
         appxml="${src.dir}/metadata/application.xml">
       <fileset dir="${build.dir}/staging"/>
       <fileset dir="${build.dir}/ejb"/>
    </ear>