Posted to users@maven.apache.org by noahz_tt <No...@transacttools.net> on 2008/05/05 06:45:11 UTC

Assembly outputDirectory and filtering - possible to access major and minor versions?

I have an assembly descriptor with the following line:

<outputDirectory>${artifactId}-${artifact.version}</outputDirectory>

Which works fine. However, I would like to do the following:

<outputDirectory>${artifactId}-${artifact.version.major}.${artifact.version.minor}</outputDirectory>

which doesn't seem to be working.  Likewise, I want to filter some files in
the distribution with major.minor (instead of the full version), but it
doesn't seem possible.

The use case is that I don't want to the outputDirectory to have the full
version string (including build number, classifier, etc).

Is this possible in Assembly Plugin 2.2-beta-2, or am I going to have to
hack together some ant tasks to dynamically write out a filtering file to
target?