Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Valery Masiutsin <va...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/27 15:17:55 UTC

PATCHES: debian workaround, src/apache-1/Makefile.am fix, tclconfig/tcl.m5 update

Hello.

Here are some fresh patches.

Debian specific fix.
Recently i've found out that tclConfig.sh on debian etch 4.0r1 keeps
multiple pathes  separated with spaces inside TCL_PACKAGE_DIR
variable, which is defined in tclConfig.sh. This behaviour breaks the
'make install' phase  of rivet on debian (or any other unix which will
keep multiple pathes in this variable), so i've made a workaround for
this. What it does is check if there unescaped space,get the first
path, add slash if needed to the end.
This patch includes  fix for handling of httpsdctl on freebsd, i've
posted last week.

src/apache-1/Makefile.am fix
Unbreaks the build of mod_rivet.

In my local sandbox  i am using updated tcl.m4, it solves issues
with shell errors during configure.
It could be get  from here
http://tcl.cvs.sourceforge.net/tcl/tclconfig/  revision 1.112.

I've successfully build rivet on openbsd (4.2-beta) and debian (etch
4.0r1) with those patches.

Debian build was configured with those command line parameters:
 ./configure --with-tcl=/usr/lib/tcl8.4 \
        --with-apache=/usr \
        --with-apache-include=/usr/include/apache-1.3 \
        --with-apr-include=/usr/include/apr-1.0 \
        --with-apache-version=1

Please review/blame/commit/etc

Regards Valery

Re: PATCHES: debian workaround, src/apache-1/Makefile.am fix, tclconfig/tcl.m5 update

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:51:09 +0200, David Welton wrote
> On 8/28/07, Valery Masiutsin <va...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello, David!
> >
> > It seems like i've  confused you with patches a bit.
> > Yesterday i've emailed patch src_apache-1_Makefile_am.diff, which
> > included changes that i've sent previous week, but the patch from
> > previous week has been commited.
> > Sorry for the mess.
> > Here is new patch against trunk HEAD, which fixes problem.
>
> Cool, I applied it.
>
> The real trick, of course, when working with the HEAD branch, is
> going to be to make things work with Apache 2.

This is absolutely true. Apache 2 has been out for quite a
long time now and it's a pity that rivet can't run on it.

-- Massimo

Re: PATCHES: debian workaround, src/apache-1/Makefile.am fix, tclconfig/tcl.m5 update

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.

--
David N. Welton
http://www.welton.it/davidw/

DedaSys LLC
http://www.dedasys.com

Re: PATCHES: debian workaround, src/apache-1/Makefile.am fix, tclconfig/tcl.m5 update

Posted by David Welton <da...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I updated configure.ac as well.  Try and sync with HEAD and see if
you have any outstanding differences.

--
David N. Welton
http://www.welton.it/davidw/

DedaSys LLC
http://www.dedasys.com

Re: PATCHES: debian workaround, src/apache-1/Makefile.am fix, tclconfig/tcl.m5 update

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Thank you Valery,

As I already said I don't have an easy internet connection
now and I can't update my working copy, but I will as soon
as i'm back home.

regards.

 -- Massimo

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 16:17:55 +0300, Valery Masiutsin wrote

--
Universita' degli Studi di Parma (http://www.unipr.it)