Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/16 23:26:37 UTC

[Trinidad 2] Convert examples to facelets?

Currently the trinidad examples  (trinidad-demo and trinidad-blank)
use JSP and JSPX. Just turning facelets on for JSPX files isn't going
to work as it causes faces messages due to <jsp:root> and
<jsp.derective> tags. Furthermore, many pages use jsp include tags. To
show proper support of JSF 2, we should not be supporting JSP in
Trinidad's demo IMO (also some features of JSF 2 require facelets to
be used AFAIK).

I recommend:

1) Migrating all *.jspx to *.xml (I'd prefer to not use *.xhtml as
discussed many times in the facelets user's list and on the 314 EG ML)
2) Replace include jsp tags with ui:include
3) Replace jsp:root with ui:composition

Opinions?

-Andrew

Re: [Trinidad 2] Convert examples to facelets?

Posted by Martin Koci <ma...@aura.cz>.
Hi,

I think .xml is too generic - there are many .xml files but only one
sort of them are facelets views. I recommend use of .view.xml
(login.view.xml for example) - that suffix was discussed on 314 mailing
list. With reserved .jsp (or .jspx) was view declaration clearly
identified, with simple .xml is not possible (for users and for IDEs). I
use view.xml for months even with trinidad without any problems.

Regards,

Martin Kočí

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
whoops,

+1 on *.xml

-M

--
Matthias Wessendorf

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [Trinidad 2] Convert examples to facelets?

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
Absolutely +1

It might also make a migration to JSF 2.0 easier.

/JK

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hello Andrew,