Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Bruno Dusausoy <br...@yp5.be> on 2011/05/05 16:21:54 UTC

Spring JpaTransactionManager and Jackrabbit on the same database

Hi,

Nearly everything is in the title :
My Jackrabbit repository holds everything it can (PM, DS) in the same
database I use for persisting JPA entities.
I use Spring with OpenJPA so I have a JpaTransactionManager.
I know I can use plain JDBC within the same transaction opened by this
TransactionManager but I was asking myself about Jackrabbit. Is there
any gotcha in doing this kind of code :

@Transactional
public void doMyStuff() {
   doJpaStuff();
   doJcrStuff();
}

Does it require any specific parameters/configuration or should it run
as-is ?

Thanks.

Regards.
--
Bruno Dusausoy
YP5 Software

Re: Spring JpaTransactionManager and Jackrabbit on the same database

Posted by Bruno Dusausoy <br...@yp5.be>.
On 5/05/2011 16:21, Bruno Dusausoy wrote:
> Hi,

[...]

Ok, I've just looked at the specs and it clearly says that if the JCR
implementation supports transaction it must adhere to JTA spec.

So I'll try Spring + Bitronix/Atomikos + JPA + JCR.

Sorry for the noise.

Regards.
--
Bruno Dusausoy