Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jamh <ja...@bccampus.ca> on 2008/10/14 19:33:31 UTC

Question about persistance of data

Hi,

When I start activemq (v. 5.1.0), I always see a couple of queues and
destinations that were previously created with the persistent flag, and I
suspect they hold messages that were never consumed.  How do I get rid of
these?  In the web admin interface I can purge/delete them, but on restart
they re-appear.

For example, is it safe to just delete the data directory on disk?

Thanks much,
Jam

Re: Question about persistance of data

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 10:33 AM, jamh <ja...@bccampus.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I start activemq (v. 5.1.0), I always see a couple of queues and
> destinations that were previously created with the persistent flag, and I
> suspect they hold messages that were never consumed.  How do I get rid of
> these?  In the web admin interface I can purge/delete them, but on restart
> they re-appear.
>
> For example, is it safe to just delete the data directory on disk?

Yes, it's generally safe to delete the data directory ***if you don't
mind losing those messages***. E.g., it's very common to delete the
data directory while doing development because it will be
automatically recreated when ActiveMQ starts up.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://activemq.org/

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/