Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com> on 2012/01/19 16:53:00 UTC

ReviewBoard

To all,
	I setup my first review request last night but not without some issues. I could not get RB to accept a Git generated diff no mater what I tried. Is this is a misconfiguration, something I am doing wrong  or will RB only accept diffs generated via SVN? If it is the latter, is there anyway we can change this. It's sort of a pain to have to maintain two separate trees (Git and SVN) to use RB. I know there are scripts out there that will convert a Git diff to SVN, but it would seem to me that the Git format is something RB should support 'out of the box'

Also, I could not get the post-review CL option working but I imagine this is more on my end rather than a problem with the tool.

Regards,

Weston
Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by "Weston M. Price" <wp...@redhat.com>.
On Jan 19, 2012, at 11:27 AM, Darryl L. Pierce wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:53:00AM -0500, Weston M. Price wrote:
>> To all,
>> 	I setup my first review request last night but not without some issues. I could not get RB to accept a Git generated diff no mater what I tried. Is this is a misconfiguration, something I am doing wrong  or will RB only accept diffs generated via SVN? If it is the latter, is there anyway we can change this. It's sort of a pain to have to maintain two separate trees (Git and SVN) to use RB. I know there are scripts out there that will convert a Git diff to SVN, but it would seem to me that the Git format is something RB should support 'out of the box'
>
> The way I've generated patches for Review Board is with the following
> command line:
>
> post-review --diff-only -n > [patchfile]
>
> That plus telling RB to apply it to trunk/ works for me.

Excellent I will try this.

>> Also, I could not get the post-review CL option working but I imagine this is more on my end rather than a problem with the tool.
>
> I haven't tinkered with that in a while, but would be willing to try
> again since I prefer CL to browsers.

Yeah, it seemed to be a Python error that I was getting. Something along the lines of

keyError: 'review_request'

I will try again and get a trace/debug going.

Weston

Re: ReviewBoard

Posted by "Darryl L. Pierce" <dp...@redhat.com>.