Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mark Hortman <ma...@jcafeinc.com> on 2002/11/22 18:17:23 UTC

MS Webfolders and Slide Problems

I wanted to let the Slide community know of an interesting problem.
I have experienced problems with some machines (not all) in connectiong
via IE/File/Open as WebFolder to a slide webdav connection as such
http://myserver:port/slide/path/to/file.txt

I get a message that the connection has problem, would you like to see the
default view......

Others have seen this also.
http://www.mail-archive.com/slide-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg02709.html

I discovered that there are two different ways to use IE to connect through
webdav, and
that they behave differently!  When you are in IE and do
File/Open/Type in URL/Check the Open as WebFolder
that I have problems with this on some machines (Can't correlate any thing
between them)

BUT... If on those same machines, you go to Explorer (not IE, but Windows
Explorer)
and do
Tools/Map Network Drive/Web folder or FTP site
with the same URL to slide.

This sometimes works where the first method fails.
VERY INTERESTING.

BUT.. I have found that even this does not work all the time.