Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Fabian Moerchen <fa...@mybytes.de> on 2002/01/20 00:47:21 UTC

quick hack to get torque stand-alone to work

hi

after lots of tries and searching the mailinglist i finally got torque
up and running as stand-alone with mysql. first of all you should read
what's already on pete's tutorial at http://www.kazmier.com/~kaz/torque

here's how i got it working from there and with the standard docs, so
some knowledge is assumed. i'm new to torque though, so maybe this is
not always the recommended way. but maybe some of this is also useful
for the tutorial, pete?

- download & extract jakarta-turbine-torque-src.tar.gz
from http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-turbine/nightly/

- cd into & mkdir lib

- echo "lib.repo=lib" > build.properties

- ant update-jars (took 35s with DSL ;))

- ant

- ant install-jar

- ant dist

- cp bin/torque/torque/* <your project dir> -a
  and cd there

- replace or edit schema/project-schema.xml (optional)

- edit schema/Torque.properties, especially the database settings

- edit build.properties
    project=<your project name> (optional)
    targetPackage=<your package name> (optional)
    and the database settings, i made
    createDatabaseUrl and databaseUrl identical

- cp mm-mysql-*.jar lib

- place lib/*.jar in your CLASSPATH

- "ant" now generates the SQL and JAVA files

- edit schema/id-table-schema.xml: add name="<your db name>"
  to prevent "CREATE DATABASE default" error in script.

- "ant project-create-db project-insert-sql"
   now creates the database

- in the java code you just need "Torque.init("Torque.properties");"
  maybe with the right path (i used absolute for far).

- from here on i use my own ant build file and just call the
  torque targets from there.

hope this helps anyone

bye
fabian

RE: Generating the Turbine docs

Posted by "Michael L. Conneen" <mc...@infointegrators.com>.
check out
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/documentation.html#Building%20the%2
0Docs

mlc

Posted by Rodney Schneider <rl...@arcalink.com>.
On Monday 21 January 2002 10:02 am, you wrote:
> Howdoya gnerate the turbinedocs?

<http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/common/documentation.html>

Regards,

-- Rodney

Generating the Turbine docs

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Howdoya gnerate the turbinedocs?
So I did

cvs co jakarta-turbine-2
cvs co jakarta-site2

and then set my build.properties as:

jakarta.site2=/apache/jakarta-site2

and then i type

cd /apache/turbine/build
ant docs

and it gives me this:

C:\apache\jakarta-turbine-2\build\build.xml:365: Could not create task of
type: anakia due to java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/ap
city/anakia/AnakiaTask, method: execute signature: ()V) Incompatible type
for getting or setting field
--- Nested Exception ---
java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/velocity/anakia/AnakiaTask,
method: execute signature: ()V) Incompatible type for getting
ng field
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.createTask(Project.java:439)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.UnknownElement.maybeConfigure(UnknownElement.java:83)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:898)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:536)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:510)

Total time: 1 second
C:\apache\jakarta-turbine-2\build>

Re: quick hack to get torque stand-alone to work

Posted by Mats Nyberg <mn...@tim.se>.
i know i'm breaking netiquette now but:

  EXCELLENT POSTING!!!

Posted by Pete Kazmier <pe...@kazmier.com>.
On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 12:47:21AM +0100, Fabian Moerchen wrote:
> after lots of tries and searching the mailinglist i finally got torque
> up and running as stand-alone with mysql. first of all you should read
> what's already on pete's tutorial at http://www.kazmier.com/~kaz/torque

I plan on completing the tutorial in the next few days.  Hopefully it
will help newcomers to the standalone version of Torque (like you and
me).

> here's how i got it working from there and with the standard docs, so
> some knowledge is assumed. i'm new to torque though, so maybe this is
> not always the recommended way. but maybe some of this is also useful
> for the tutorial, pete?

Definitely, I'm new to Torque as well, but the process you describe
below is the very close to the process that I discovered so I hope its
the recommended way cuz that is what I'm documenting!!  (With the
exception of the build process because there already is a document on it
which I plan on updating after I finish the tutorial.)