Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Eric Hébert <eh...@yahoo.fr> on 2013/04/23 22:40:14 UTC

contribution in documentation translation in french langage

Hello
I contact David Blevisn @dblevins to the subject :  I would like to contribute in TomEE project in translating documentation in french langage. howto do ? or another action in documentation or test but no in code , i haven't enough time.

Eric Hébert, @ehebert35
scrum Master  CSM & mobile RIA Flex SOA JavaEE architect

Re: contribution in documentation translation in french langage

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Wonder since some times if we shouldn't push our doc on github to ease
contributions (saw som eapache projects have a bridge from gthub to apache
to acccept PR),

translations could simply be handled by subspaces IMO

tomee.apache.org/fr/ for instance

*Romain Manni-Bucau*

Posted by Jean-Louis MONTEIRO <je...@gmail.com>.
Bonjour Eric et bienvenue ;-)

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

Had some ideas on this today and if you're still up for it, I think it would be great to start translating some of our examples that are better documented.  At current count we have 120 examples, 80 or so online, and 30 or so actually properly documented.

So we can definitely use help documenting these as well as translating ones already documented.  I did a check and it looks like 31% of our website traffic over the last 1 year has come from the examples.

Anything with a "*" on it is a candidate for translation:

 - http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/index.html

Anything without a "*" is a candidate for documentation (in any language).

In terms of how to do it, I think the easiest solution is to take the README.md file that's there and make a README_fr.md or something like that next to it.

 - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/trunk/examples/simple-singleton/README.md

You can fork on GitHub or just attach the file to a JIRA.

We have code that generates the html file from the markdown source, so we can easily add some smarts to add a little flag icon to the page if it is available in another language.  As well we could have an index.html dedicated to that language and it could show only the examples with translated pages.

Thoughts?

-David