Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Patrick Bray <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/30 07:36:59 UTC

Re: camel-quartz and support for quartz 2.x

Hi All,

Can you please confirm whether or not Camel v2.11.0 supports Quartz v2.x?

Checking JIRA I can see the following ticket is unresolved:

If not can you adivse whether or not this is on the road map for Camel
2.11.1?

The issue we have is that we intend to have multiple application components
deployed that utilise a Clustered Quartz JDBC job store.

>From what I understand Quartz 1.8.x does not allow multiple logical
schedulers to share the same job store where as 2.x does (see
http://forums.terracotta.org/forums/posts/list/5562.page).

Thanks,
Patrick Bray

Re: camel-quartz and support for quartz 2.x

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Camel 2.12 will include a camel-quartz2 component
http://camel.apache.org/quartz2

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 9:14 AM, ravishankar.singaram
<by...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
> Did you find any luck in implementing Quartz 2.x for Camel?
>
> Note: We are trying to employ Quartz for enabling multi-node clustering for
> our camel routes. There was some issues while using the default Quartz
> version, we felt should upgrade to the latest Quartz version.
>

> -----
> Ravishankar Singaram
> Technical Lead
> Amadeus Software Labs

Claus Ibsen
-----------------
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com
Twitter: davsclaus
Blog: http://davsclaus.com

RE: camel-quartz and support for quartz 2.x

Posted by Patrick Bray <pa...@gmail.com>.
Unfortunately simply overriding the quartz version will not work.

The quartz class org.quartz.CronTrigger was changed to an interface in v2.x
and the QuartzComponent in camel-quartz is currently instantiating this:

org.apache.camel.component.quartz.QuartzComponent

    protected CronTrigger createCronTrigger(String path) throws
ParseException {
        // replace + back to space so it's a cron expression
        path = path.replaceAll("\\+", " ");
        CronTrigger cron = new CronTrigger();
        cron.setCronExpression(path);
        return cron;
    }

I will check out the camel-quartz component source tonight and try modifying
this to use the new Quartz 2.x fluent builder API / DSL and see if that will
work i.e.:

    protected CronTrigger createCronTrigger(String path) throws
ParseException {
        // replace + back to space so it's a cron expression
        path = path.replaceAll("\\+", " ");
        return
TriggerBuilder.newTrigger().withSchedule(CronScheduleBuilder.cronSchedule(path)).build();
    }

RE: camel-quartz and support for quartz 2.x

Posted by "Bray, Patrick" <Pa...@anz.com>.
Ok excellent thanks for the clarification Claus as we are using Spring
v3.1.3 I will try manually updating and post back with my results.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
No Camel 2.11 will NOT support Quartz 2.x. One of the reason is Spring
3.0.x does not support Quartz 2.x, and Camel 2.11 is spring 3.0
compatible.

Camel 2.12 will be updated to Quartz 2.x as we dropped support for
Spring 3.0 in this release.

For Camel 2.11 you may manually try to upgrade quartz to 2.x if you
are not using spring or using spring 3.1 or better. Though not sure if
you hit any issue in doing so.

On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 7:36 AM, Patrick Bray <pa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can you please confirm whether or not Camel v2.11.0 supports Quartz v2.x?
>
> Checking JIRA I can see the following ticket is unresolved:

> If not can you adivse whether or not this is on the road map for Camel
> 2.11.1?
>
> The issue we have is that we intend to have multiple application components
> deployed that utilise a Clustered Quartz JDBC job store.
>
> From what I understand Quartz 1.8.x does not allow multiple logical
> schedulers to share the same job store where as 2.x does (see
> http://forums.terracotta.org/forums/posts/list/5562.page).
>
> Thanks,
> Patrick Bray

Claus Ibsen