Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/01 14:18:14 UTC

[VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release

Hi !
We are ready for a new release of MINA. This is a bug fix release, which
solve an API regression introduced in MINA 2.0.5, and we have a real
improvement in the UDP part.

A temporary tag has been created (it can be removed if the vote is not
approved):http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/mina/mina/tags/2.0.6/

The newly approved Nexus has been used for the preparation of this
release and
all final artifacts are stored in a staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-070/

The subversion revision for the tag is : 1392283

The sources distributions are available for download on :
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachemina-070/org/apache/mina/mina-parent/2.0.6/

Let's vote :
[ ] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.6
[ ] ±0 | Abstain
[ ] -1  | Do*NOT* release MINA 2.0.6

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Bad news : [Result][VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release, take 2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi guys,

sometime, sh*t happens. Just a few hours after I closed the vote, and of
course after I moved all the jars to people.apache.org, I just
discovered a bad bug in the UDP part I modified... This is a blocker for
Apache Directory Server (more specifically for the Kerberos server which
uses UDP), so I will have to cut a new release asap.

I will not announce the 2.0.6 release, and the web site will not expose
this version either.

I'm currently conducting some more tests, and will try to add a new test
to cover the loophole we have in the unit tests.

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

[Result][VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release, take 2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

the vote passed with 4+1 (3 binding) :
Julien, Guillaume and me, plys Jeff (non binding)

I will release MINA 2.0.6 now.

Many thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release, take 2

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release, take 2

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.

https://builds.apache.org/job/MINA-2.0.X-jdk1.5-ubuntu/14/

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release, take 2

Posted by Jeff Genender <jg...@savoirtech.com>.
+1

Jeff

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Tue, Oct 2, 2012 at 1:40 PM, Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [X] +1 | Release MINA 2.0.6

Works great with FtpServer.

/niklas

[VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release, take 2

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 10/1/12 4:01 PM, Julien Vermillard a écrit :
> finally -1 :
>
> Running org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.DatagramSessionIdleTest
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.028 sec
> <<< FAILURE!

Damn it... Seems like it passes on OSX, but not on Ubuntu :/

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.
finally -1 :

Running org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.DatagramSessionIdleTest
Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.028 sec
<<< FAILURE!

I'm going to investigate it.

Re: [VOTE] MINA 2.0.6 Release

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@gmail.com>.