Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Pane <br...@cnet.com> on 2002/05/23 20:20:40 UTC

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker mpm.h worker.c

trawick@apache.org wrote:

>trawick     02/05/23 05:58:38
>
>  Modified:    .        CHANGES
>               include  http_main.h mpm_common.h
>               server   main.c mpm_common.c
>               server/mpm/prefork mpm.h prefork.c
>               server/mpm/worker mpm.h worker.c
>  Log:
>  Add "-k start|startssl|restart|graceful|stop" support to httpd
>  for the Unix MPMs.  These have semantics very similar to the
>  old apachectl commands of the same name.

I'll add the same change to leader/follower.  From what you
changed in worker, it looks like the required modifications are:

* #define AP_MPM_WANT_SIGNAL_SERVER in mpm.h
* and add ap_mpm_rewrite args via the pre-parsing hook

Did I miss anything?

Thanks,
--Brian

Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/worker mpm.h worker.c

Posted by Jeff Trawick <tr...@attglobal.net>.
Brian Pane <br...@cnet.com> writes:

> trawick@apache.org wrote:
>
> >trawick     02/05/23 05:58:38
> >
> >  Modified:    .        CHANGES
> >               include  http_main.h mpm_common.h
> >               server   main.c mpm_common.c
> >               server/mpm/prefork mpm.h prefork.c
> >               server/mpm/worker mpm.h worker.c
> >  Log:
> >  Add "-k start|startssl|restart|graceful|stop" support to httpd
> >  for the Unix MPMs.  These have semantics very similar to the
> >  old apachectl commands of the same name.
> >

> I'll add the same change to leader/follower.  From what you
> changed in worker, it looks like the required modifications are:
>
> * #define AP_MPM_WANT_SIGNAL_SERVER in mpm.h
> * and add ap_mpm_rewrite args via the pre-parsing hook
>
> Did I miss anything?

no, that is all that is required...  but note that I postponed playing
with the other MPMs for Unix until I had time to actually verify :)

--
Jeff Trawick | trawick@attglobal.net
Born in Roswell... married an alien...